St. Matthew the Evangelist Parish - Bellevue
LocationName of Facility: St. Matthew
12330 S. 36th Street
Submitted ByName: Paula Banks
DescriptionReports to: Facility Manager
Principal Duties and Responsibilities1. Maintain excellent housekeeping standards both inside and outside of the St Matthew facilities.
2. Follow cleaning schedules for all assigned areas, as directed. Tasks include, but are not limited to: washing, sweeping, scrubbing, waxing, buffing, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, emptying trash/recyclables and sanitizing.
3. Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
4. Follow instructions for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment.
5. Organize, store and dispense necessary supplies and equipment, as required.
6. Prepare and set up for school, church and other approved activities and events.
7. Maintain a viable re-cycling program, checking all facility waste containers regularly to ensure that all recyclables have been appropriately sorted.
8. Assists facility manager with ice and snow removal, to ensure all walkways, stairs, sidewalks and roadways are clear and safe.
9. Monitor facility safety, promptly report issues and secure building when facilities are not in use, checking for unlocked doors and windows, report any unauthorized occupants, turn off lights when not in use.
10. Perform additional duties and overtime as directed by immediate supervisor. To include: working during special events, e.g. wedding receptions, sporting events and other evening/weekend church events.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently
• Ability to bend, stand, walk, stoop for a majority of the shift
• Ability to lift 40lbs
• Positive and welcoming attitude
• Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisor
• A willingness to learn new systems and adapt to procedural changes
Education and Experience
One year related work experience and a high school or equivalent degree.