Catholic Cemeteries - Archdiocese of Omaha - Omaha
Sales & Marketing
LocationName of Facility: Catholic Cemeteries - Archdiocese of Omaha
7710 West Center Road
Submitted ByName: Dcn. Dan Keller
DescriptionDepartment: Memorials Department
Reports to: Memorials Manager
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesOverall Summary: The Memorials Representative works with clients to design and order memorializations (markers, monuments, vases, other memorials). Prepares contract, verifies design, collects payment, places orders, and coordinates with vendors for creation and operations for placement of memorials. Position also required to learn functions of a Family Services Representative to provide back up support during the week and weekends.
As a secondary role, function periodically as a Family Services Rep, who guides families through the tactical, financial and emotional process of purchasing burial space and the associated goods and services on either a pre-need (future) or at-need basis. Assures all paperwork completed, funds received, and information communicated in timely manner. Work with funeral directors and coordinate with ground operations in arranging the details of the committals. Respond effectively to issues/concerns raised by families.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong understanding of the Catholic faith and its burial traditions and regulations
• Strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks
• Interpersonal skills to meet with grieving families and show respect and compassion for their deceased loved one while guiding the family through the decision making process.
• Self-motivated and proven time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Mathematical competence to calculate financial transactions and other administrative data.
Education and Experience
• 1-2 years customer service experience
• Competent in the use of a personal computer and ability to effectively work with Microsoft Office products.
• Design experience beneficial
• H.S. Diploma or equivalent, with advanced education beneficial. Ability to speak Spanish also beneficial