Creighton University - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Creighton University
2500 California Plz, Creighton Hall 240
Submitted ByName: Janique Hayes
DescriptionDepartment: Division of Mission and Ministry
Reports to: Eileen Burke-Sullivan, S.T.D.
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesThis position will provide visionary, servant leadership in setting and carrying out the University’s Catholic and Jesuit character of the mission of higher education. It will direct the work of the department of Campus Ministry under the direction of the Vice President for Mission and Ministry. It will provide ministerial care for all undergraduate students, while coordinating leadership with the other members of the campus ministry department and with the Chaplains for Graduate and Professional Schools, in relation to the students and chaplains for the undergraduate residence halls. This person will provide primary collaborative engagements with The Schlegel Center for Service and Justice, the Jesuit community, and the Office for ministerial care and mission formation for faculty and staff. It will provide additional collaborative engagements with the Student Life Division’s various offices and departments and all other schools, centers and divisions that work with the undergraduate population of Creighton University.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• 5-7 years of experience in ministry practice
• An appreciation of Jesuit spirituality and its focus on a faith that does justice, concern for the poor and marginalized, reconciliation, accompanying young adults into the future with hope and care for our common home (creation).
• Clear knowledge and appreciation of Catholic liturgy, teaching and practices.
• Strong, engaged, and active personal faith commitment.
• Understands both inter-religious dialogue and inter-Christian Ecumenism and has experience participating in dialogue among diverse persons and groups.
• Has competency training in pastoral or spiritual guidance of individuals and groups, especially in crisis situations.
• Is a “team player” who works well in guiding, supervising, and developing others into the full use of their gifts in a collaborative ministry across a multi-school, multi-campus Jesuit University.
• Demonstrates skills in oral, written, and social media communication.
• Demonstrates basic ability to manage a budget and calendar that is collaborative with the Division.
Education and Experience
Preferred but not required:
• Has completed A Master’s Degree (M.Div., MA or MAT) in Ministry, Spirituality or Theology.
• Has developed and/or led programs in Ignatian spiritual practice and teaching.
• Has some training in diversity, anti-racism or bias recognition.
• Is bi-lingual in Spanish and English.