Catholic Charities of Omaha - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Catholic Charities
Submitted ByName: Kelly Bolte
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesRecruitment Coordination
• Prescreen candidates for specific positions in the Agency. Coordinates with hiring managers regarding the scheduling of interviews.
• Accurately post open positions through a variety of posting sites and job boards.
• Coordinates pre-employment requirements including completion and review of background checks on all new employees.
HR Administration/HR Compliance
• Perform data entry, maintains employee files, and performs other clerical office duties as assigned.
• Assists in the coordination and tracking of annual services for employees such as flu shots, and TB tests, CPR/AED/First Aid training.
• Assists in the coordination of all-agency meetings, open enrollment and other employee activities.
• Completes other HR administrative and/or compliance functions as directed by the Human Resources Manager.
• Serve as backup for payroll processing.
• Assist in annual performance appraisals, job description reviews/updates, compensation adjustments.
• Processes employee benefits including health, dental, supplemental insurances, group life, AD&D. This includes coordinating/processing enrollments and terminations.
• Set up new users
• Manage phone equipment inventory
• Make changes to call groups or users as applicable
• Set up new users
• Manage extra laptops, mice, bags, screens, cords, etc.
• Distribute equipment and set up as needed.
• Manage stock of chairs, desks, etc.
• Work with maintenance to distribute and replace furniture as needed.
• Work with programs and departments to schedule introductory meetings.
• Set up new office/workspace.
• Work with maintenance to prepare office/workspace- paint, clean, remove items, stock with supplies, prepare new hire items, etc.
• Assist HR Manager with the onboarding paperwork
• Input of new hire into all applicable systems related to payroll and benefits
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships, including excellent verbal and written communication.
• Strong administrative skills including proficiency using the MS Office applications, e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook. Familiarity with HR management systems helpful.
• Ability to multi-task, as well as efficiently operate in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to prepare and maintain confidential records and reports.
• Ability to show sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
• Excellent organizational skills.
Required of All Positions:
• Knowledge and support of Catholic Charities’ purpose, mission, vision, values, and ethical standards.
• Knowledge and support of the Catholic Charities Compliance Program requirements including – but not limited to – the Code of Ethics, the Compliance Policy, and all relevant compliance procedures.
• Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
Education and Experience
• 1-3 years’ experience working in an office setting
• 1-3 years’ experience in human resources strongly preferred
High School Diploma or Equivalent required
2-Year College Degree desired