Sacred Heart Church - Norfolk
LocationName of Facility: Sacred Heart Parish
204 S 5th Street
Submitted ByName: Sheryl Cahoy
Reports to: Sheryl Cahoy
Principal Duties and Responsibilities* Commitment to daily prayer, celebration of the Sacraments, growing in intimacy with Christ, and spiritual multiplication of disciples; encouraging and accompanying others in these disciplines.
* Implement the Archdiocesan vision and New Evangelization to engage, equip, and empower disciples through a relational and dynamic team approach.
* Assess, identify, and support a clear path of discipleship to achieve that vision.
* Within the frame work of the team, coordinators will have responsibilities to coordinate specific aspects of the discipleship path (Ex. Relational outreach, sacrament preparation, catechesis/formation, missional leadership)
* Develop and support steward leaders and teams (both adult and youth) that will contribute to the evangelization of persons through those identified programs and ministries across the parish and parish cluster.
* Meet people and invest in relationships with persons of various demographics from across the spectrum of discipleship maturity.
* Invite and enable others to use their gifts in such a way that they can progress and mature as Christ's disciples.
* Form others in the ministry skills of mentorship (discipleship), small group facilitation, kerygmatic catechesis, initial proclamation, and relational ministry.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Ability to clearly articulate the kerygma in a variety of ministry settings.
* Knowledge and practice of Catholic doctrine and theology
* Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office and Google applications
* Ability to communicate effectively through interpersonal, written, and verbal avenues.
*Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, flexibility and creativity
*Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals of all ages, ethnicity, race and religious backgrounds.
* Competency to speak, understand, and translate Spanish is greatly desired
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in ministry, evangelical catechesis, or related field
or 2 years of work experience with evangelization, relational ministry, or team leader environment.
Application InstructionsTo apply, submit an application letter and resume to Patsy Taylor, Business Manager, 204 S. 5th Street, Norfolk NE 68701
Accepting applications through June 21st, 2021