Jesuit Academy - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Jesuit Academy
2311 N. 22nd Street
Submitted ByName: Dedrick Bell
DescriptionReports to: President
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesJesuit Academy, an all-boys Catholic school located in the heart of North Omaha, is searching for a dynamic principal embodying Catholic ideals, and transformative leadership beginning in the 2021-2022 school year. Jesuit Academy offers 75 young men in grades 4-8 a transformative educational opportunity that encourages them to claim ownership of their lives and develop themselves as responsible leaders. Our school is guided by Catholic principles and the basics of Jesuit education: Gospel Values, Academic Excellence, Self-Discipline, Religious Diversity and being Men-for-Others.
The successful candidate will be mission-driven and will aspire to serve as the instructional, spiritual and managerial leader of the school based on the Nativity Miguel model. Candidates should have a Master’s in Education, Educational Administration, or prior Educational Leadership Experience (principal, assistant principal, dean of students, instructional leader, etc.) or equivalent educational experience in a managerial or supervisory role. Three to five years of teaching experience at the primary or middle school level is also preferred. Applicants should possess or be willing to work towards an administrative certification.
Excellent benefits package includes competitive salary commensurate with education and experience, health insurance, retirement plan, and realistic work/life balance.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Supporting and upholding the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission
of the school.
• Supporting and adhering to the Code of Conduct and policies and procedures of
the school and Diocese.
• A demonstrated philosophy that all students can and will learn.
• Excellent attendance record.
• Excellent communication skills oral and written.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Best Instructional Practices.
• Positive interpersonal skills.
• Evidence of the willingness and the ability to comply with the standards for
ethical and professional performance established by the State Board of
• This individual will exhibit skills pertinent to foster positive human relationships
and the ability to work effectively with students, staff, parents and the
• Willingness and demonstrated abilities conducive to a continuous quest for
• Attending and participating in Faculty Meetings, Archdiocesan Meetings,
Professional Development Days, Faculty Committees, etc.
Education and Experience
• Master’s in Education, Educational Administration or prior Educational
Leadership Experience (principal, assistant principal, dean of students,
instructional leader, etc.) or equivalent educational experience in a managerial
or supervisory role (Preferred)
• Teaching experience (3–5 years Preferred)
• Possess or be willing to work towards an administrative certification
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; effective public speaker and