Catholic Cemeteries - Archdiocese of Omaha - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Catholic Cemeteries - Archdiocese of Omaha
7710 West Center Road
Submitted ByName: Dcn. Daniel G. Keller
DescriptionReports to: Vicar General (Rev. Michael Grewe)
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Director is the key management leader. Provides spiritual and managerial oversight for Ministry, Marketing & Sales, Operations and facilities, Finance budgeting and investing, Human Resources and administration, Strategic Planning, general business operations and functions as a Board member and Secretary/Treasurer.
• Responsible for the positive ministerial environment which needs to be portrayed to families, our internal staff, and all those with whom we interact.
• Ensures compliance with all relevant state codes and Roman Catholic teachings and traditions concerning the burial of human remains.
• Ensures development and implementation of a comprehensive sales and marketing plan that promotes Catholic burial traditions and ensures ongoing revenue derived from the operation of the cemeteries.
• Responsible for the fiscal integrity of operation and ensures oversight of the financial management of the cemeteries. Establishes controls; oversees and monitors budgets.
• Secretary /Treasurer for Catholic Cemeteries and Board of Directors. Prepare and provide, information necessary for the Board to function properly to make informed decisions. Scheduling and attending Committee and Board of Director meetings, preparing agenda and associated materials and minutes.
• Develops long range plans establish priorities, budgets and short term plans to advance the interests of the cemeteries.
• Administer HR related issues: insurance and 401k enrollment, policies, new hire paperwork and associated activities, insurance issues
• Authorized signatory for all financial transitions for the organization.
• Represents Catholic cemeteries to the public, funeral directors and pastors to ensure optimal support and service to families.
• Internal “point of escalation” for handling internal or external issues impacting the cemeteries.
• Participates as a member of the national Catholic Cemetery Conference.
• Performs other duties inherent to the position or as required.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Proven ability to sensitively interact with grieving families, exhibiting patience, compassion and genuine care.
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Effective listening skills and experience in conflict management resolution.
• Knowledge of personnel management (Human Resources) policies and procedures and basic accounting principles, procedures and budgeting very beneficial.
• Experience in developing sound strategic plans and converting long range goals to tactical plans. Manage and implement projects within time and budget constraints.
• Experience working with a board of directors beneficial.
• Pro-active and self-directed with ability to manage communications both up and down the organization.
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft office) and ability to learn business operating system to retrieve information/data as needed.
Education and Experience
• Must be a practicing Catholic who upholds the teachings and traditions of the Catholic Church and possesses a sound working knowledge of the Catholic faith. Ordained Deacon highly desirable to perform committals and other ministerial functions for the cemeteries.
• Possess a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) with a minimum of five years of business experience, especially interacting with public. Minimum five years managing, leading, motivating and directing employees