St. Bernard Parish - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: St. Bernard Child Care
3604 N 65 St
Submitted ByName: Rose Flores
DescriptionDepartment: Child Care
Reports to: Business Manager
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe St. Bernard Child Care Director is responsible for the overall management of the St. Bernard Child Care program to provide a faith-based, supportive, safe, and educational environment for families who need day care, preschool, and before and/or after school care for their children. The Director is accountable for working effectively with the School Principal, Pastor, Parish Business Manager, and School Food Services Director to manage the planning, implementing, and controlling services of the Child Care program. The Director has primary responsibility for training, supervising, observing, and guiding employees. The Director works with the Business Manager regarding employee compensation. The Director serves as a mentor for employees, and steps in to demonstrate best care practices and to cover absences or breaks as needed. Under general supervision, the Director operates the Child Care in conformance with institutional regulations, state day care licensing provisions, and the Archdiocese of Omaha’s Safe Environment program. The Director’s responsibilities include the overall management of the preschool programs and their operation: planning and coordinating of the children's educational programs and activities. Director works with the School Principal regarding registration for and coordination of the Pre-K and before/after school childcare programs.
The reports directly to the Pastor, and coordinates closely with the School Principal and Parish Business Manager to manage the budget and handle facility management, ordering of supplies, and other expenditures. The Director works closely with the Business Manager to develop, document, and implement procedures for registration, billing, payment, and collections.
The Director helps lead recruitment and retention initiatives for our Child Care and provides input for a comprehensive marketing strategy for our parish, school, and childcare program.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Help direct the Child Care center’s recruitment, registration, and scheduling processes
• Schedule children for enrollment in the Child Care center and manage associated waiting lists and communications to parents and Business Manager. Complete accurate and timely record keeping.
• Regularly capture and maintain accurate records about enrolled children, especially regarding their development, attendance, immunization, and general health.
• Schedule and conduct tours, administer the registration process, and review with prospective parents services offered, billing, etc.
• Conduct the registration process and seek opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Create and implement curriculum and activities that promote early childhood development, ensuring that facility provide a safe and nurturing environment while remaining profitable.
• Oversee the Child Care programs with the children, parents, and staff in a welcoming, pleasant, and professional manner.
• Work with Child Care center staff to present early childhood programs and activities to entertain, stimulate, and educate the children at age-appropriate levels.
• Work with Food Services Director to develop a balanced and nutritious snack and meal plan. Coordinate with Business Manager for meal payments through Free and Reduced Lunch program, parent billing, etc.
• Develop and implement program activities as required, within operating policies; develop cost estimates for future program needs, and special activities such as off-campus field trips.
• Ensure that the center and staff conform to federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and licensing requirements, including the Archdiocese’s Safe Environment certification.
• Prepare reports to Child Protection Services or other agencies as needed to ensure the safety and well-being of all children.
• Work with School Principal to: consistently address disciplinary issues; handle fire, weather, or security alerts.
Education and Experience
Job Requirements: Professionalism, punctuality, and strict confidentiality in all Parish, Child Care and School matters. The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Early Childhood Education, and have some work experience in the field. The Child Care Director must meet the requirements of the position set forth by the Department of Health and Human Services for the state of Nebraska. The candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be familiar with the benefits and mission of St. Bernard School and Child Care.
Application InstructionsSend Resume and cover letter to:
c/o St. Bernard Parish Office
3601 N 65th Street
Omaha, NE 68104