St. Francis Borgia Parish - Blair
LocationName of Facility: St. Francis Borgia
2005 Davis Drive
Submitted ByName: Fr. Damien Wee
DescriptionDepartment: Faith Formation
Reports to: Pastor
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesSt. Francis Borgia Catholic Church in Blair, Nebraska, a parish of 520 families, is searching for a full-time Director of Religious Education who is on fire for Jesus Christ and His Church.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with Pastor, Parish Staff, volunteers and families
• Help our parish to move from a maintenance to a missional church mindset
• Coordinate and implement our current Family Faith Formation (FFF) program, and Sacramental Preparation
• Organize and coordinate sacramental preparation for the respective sacraments
• Help parents recognize they are the first teachers of their children in the ways of faith and provide them with the necessary tools
• Full-time position that will include Wednesday evenings during FFF sessions and additional evenings and/or weekends for retreats and sacraments
• Execute registration of all Family Faith Formation programs and for all Sacramental Prep Classes and Retreats
• Assess needs, set priorities, budgets, goals, and objectives, and the implementation of plans related to programs and sacraments
• Promote engagement of our middle schoolers in the youth program, and liaison with youth leaders and support with administrative assistance
• Plan ways to get the Young of our Parish more involved and doing God's work. Assist Pastor, parish staff and others with implementing those ideas
• Maintain records, financials and files related to Family Faith Formation
• Maintain calendar of events for classes, retreats, sacrament celebrations, including scheduling, etc.
• Involve home schoolers more with parish activities and sacramental preparation
• Work with RCIA Team in Adult Faith Formation
• Execute Totus Tuus program.
• Maintain scheduling of lectors, EMHCs and altar servers
• Maintain Recruit, promote, direct a youth choir with assistance of music coordinator for the parish
• Execute Totus Tuus program.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Practicing, faith-filled Catholic with a strong understanding of the Catholic faith, liturgy, sacraments, and teachings of the Church, and the ability to explain the Church’s teachings to different age groups.
• Possess a missional mindset
• Committed to personal spiritual growth
• Passion for helping children, youth, and adults know the love of Christ
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, effective listener
• Outstanding organizational skills, attentive to details
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively
• Strong computer and social media skills, competence working with technology
• Ability to lead and train others
• Safe Environment Training certification. Must be obtained within 30 days of hire.
• Must be available to work when classes are in session; able to work weekends and evenings, as needed
Education and Experience
• A bachelor’s degree in Theology, Religious Education, Catechetics, or Pastoral Ministry is preferred, but associated fields are acceptable.
• Practicing Catholic in full communion with the Catholic Church
Application InstructionsPlease submit Cover letter and resume to Fr. Damien Wee
Mail: 2005 Davis Drive
Blair, NE 68008