Bethlehem House - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Bethlehem House
2301 S. 15th St.
Submitted ByName: TJ Ernst
Reports to: Executive Director
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe bookkeeper is responsible for accounting and bookkeeping for Bethlehem House and our boutique, The Humble Lily. The bookkeeper reports to the executive director and provides direct assistance to the boutique manager.
- Prepare deposits on a regular basis and post in a timely fashion in QuickBooks.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations.
- Accounts payable and payroll prep.
- Complete monthly tax reports for The Humble Lily.
- Maintain and update employee files as needed.
- Facilitate new employee hire procedures as it pertains to accounting.
- Prepare financial statements for bi-monthly board meetings.
- Gather data and assist with 990 supporting documents.
- Occasionally attend board meetings as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and annual reports.
- Assist in event coordination as it pertains to accounting.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build strong, positive relationships with staff, donors and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work and communicate in a culturally diverse environment.
- Able to work efficiently with a team, independent self-starter, and demonstrate empathy and compassion.
Education and Experience
- Associates or undergrad in accounting or related field.
- Non-profit experience in accounting preferred.
Application InstructionsApplications due by Friday, June 11th.
Remit resume, cover letter and compensation requirements to:
Attn: Executive Director
2301 S. 15th Street
Omaha, NE 68108
Or, send via email to director@BethlehemHouseOmaha.org