Holy Cross Catholic Church - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Holy Cross Church
4803 William St
Submitted ByName: Andrea Ramsey
DescriptionReports to: Pastor & Business Manager
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesPrinciple Duties & Responsibilities
• Coordinate and provide a comprehensive faith formation program for children from preschool through 8th grade.
o Establish policies in accord with the teaching of the Catholic Church. Ensure all educational materials are rooted in Catholic doctrine and approved by the Pastor.
o Plan, organize, and execute the Family Formation Program
o Advertise Family Formation Programs, recruit families and students, and register families.
o Form relationships with the parents, children, and catechists to accompany them on their faith journey.
o Facilitate communications with the pastor, staff, catechists, and families.
o Manage the budgets of the programs and all duties at the request of the Pastor.
• Provide opportunities for parents to live their role as primary catechists by taking an active part in the religious education of their children.
• Assist in the direct recruitment and ministry of catechists and staff members with the oversight of the Pastor.
o Recruit, train, and lead the catechist team with oversight of the Pastor.
• Organize and coordinates the sacramental preparations for the children and youth of the program including Reconciliation, First Communion, and Confirmation retreats
o Plans the liturgies for 1st Reconciliation, 1st Holy Communion, working with the Pastor, Deacons, Archdiocese leaders, parents, catechists, staff, and school.
o Choose curriculum for Confirmation and communicate expectations to parents, students, sponsors, and catechists with the oversight of the Pastor.
o Organize and coordinates the sacramental preparations for the children and youth of the program for Confirmation, working with the Pastor, Deacons, Archdiocese leaders, parents, catechists, staff, and school.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Faith filled, enthusiastic, encouraging, and excited about sharing their passion for
Christ and His Church
• Strong understanding of Theology and teachings of the Catholic Church
• Must have flexibility in work hours with availability to parish and parishioners
• Ability to train others
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong marketing and social media skills
• Strong computer skills
• Must be able to work with and lead groups
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in Theology, Religious Education, Catechetics, or Pastoral Ministry is preferred, but associated fields are acceptable. Previous faith formation experience is desired.
Practicing Catholic in full communion to participate in the sacraments of the Church