St. Patrick's Parish Center - O’Neill
LocationName of Facility: St. Patrick Catholic Church
301 E. Adams St.
Submitted ByName: Rev. Bernard G. Starman
DescriptionDepartment: Evangelization and Discipleship
Reports to: Rev. Bernard G. Starman
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesJob Summary: The Coordinator of Evangelization and Catechesis for St. Patrick’s Parish will be responsible for developing and overseeing a parish/school based pastoral ministry with young people from both St. Patrick and St. Joseph parishes. The program includes all young people from elementary through young adults to age thirty. It provides for formal catechesis, invites, and enables youth and young adults to experience God in a way that He becomes a part of their person. The program shall develop close communication with, and mutual support from, families of youth and collaborates with other parish and community organizations. It provides coordination with the parish’s efforts in attaining the goal and vision to form missionary disciples to serve God and one another.
The Coordinator of Evangelization and Catechesis reports directly to the pastor.
The primary objectives of these programs are to model for young people how to put their faith into action.
• Integrate adolescent catechesis into a comprehensive ministry to, with, by and for youth
• Recruit, Train, Supervise, advise, and support Youth Ministry volunteers.
• Provide outreach to youth in the areas of evangelization, service, leadership development, community life, and prayer/worship
• Incorporate Archdiocesan guidelines in the Parish
• Oversee program expenses, preparing and submitting an annual budget
• Attend regular pastoral staff meetings and planning
• Communicate and seek staff input regarding youth ministry activities
• Be a resource to parish and school staff on issues related to youth and young adult ministry
• Coordinate the recruitment, training, supporting, and evaluating of program volunteers
• Develop a systematic and intentional plan for catechesis that utilizes a creative variety of formats, settings, and timeframes
• Provide resources (print, video, etc.) for effective program implementation
• Provide appropriate training for young people placed
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Education and Experience
Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Religious Education or Theology or National Certification in Youth Ministry or background in theology and educational methodologies or experience in youth ministry with a willingness to move toward development of such skills
Practicing Catholic in full communion to participate in the sacraments of the Church