St. Columbkille Parish - Papillion
LocationName of Facility: St. Columbkille
204 E. 6th Street
Submitted ByName: Randy Green
Reports to: Director of Operations
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Accounting Coordinator will have overall financial management responsibility including the compilation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting materials for the Pastor, Director of Operations, and Finance Council. S/he will oversee budgeting, forecasting, cash flow and coordination of audit activities as well as accounts payable and receivable.
1. Responsible for financial statement reporting, tuition and donations forecasts and related expense budgeting.
2. Manages all accounting functions; payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash receipts and disbursements processes.
3. Presents ongoing financial details to Pastor, Director of Operations, and Finance Committee Chair.
4. Manages the collections of all receivables.
7. Maintains detailed files on temporarily and permanently restricted donor gifts.
8. Coordinates all aspects of the annual audit.
9. Responsible for State of Nebraska Gaming Tax Returns for lottery and ongoing license renewals.
10. Responsible for employee payroll / payroll tax forms and annual W-s, W-2G, 1099R, 1099 and 1096 forms.
11. Coordinates employee benefits – health insurance package, 401K plan.
12. Any other duties assigned by Pastor and/or Director of Operations
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate with demonstrate knowledge of:
1. Demonstrated experience in general principles, practices and procedures of accounting.
2. Experience with audit, legal compliance, and budget development.
3. General management skills.
4. Experience effectively communicating key data, including presentations to Senior Leadership Team, Pastoral Council, Finance Council, and/or other outside stakeholders.
5. How to work positively and collaboratively with others.
6. Ability to multi-task while maintaining vigilant attention to details
7. Commitment to St. Columbkille Parish Parish Pathway/Mission.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited college and/or university
At least 4 years accounting / finance experience in non-profit preferred but not mandatory
Application InstructionsPlease email the following to: email@example.com
3. Letter of Interest