St. Wenceslaus Catholic School - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: St. Wenceslaus Catholic School (Omaha)
15353 Pacific St.
Submitted ByName: William Peter Huben
Reports to: Principal, William P. Huben
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe resource teacher will be responsible for providing grades Prekindergarten to 8th-grade students with support services as cited through the Student Assistance Team process. The Resource Teacher will work collaboratively with the Principal, Millard, Elkhorn, and Omaha School District Special Education teachers and general education teachers to provide students services specific to their academic and behavioral needs.
Specifically, they will:
- Assess students’ skills and determine their educational needs.
- Adapt general lessons to meet students’ needs.
- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student.
- Plan activities that are specific to each student’s abilities.
- Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one.
- Implement IEPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress.
- Update IEPs throughout the school year to reflect students’ progress and goals.
- Discuss students’ progress with parents, classroom teachers, and administrators.
- Prepare and help students transition from grade to grade.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to provide instructional support to the general education teacher in all curricular areas for students with disabilities and/or struggling to work on grade level.
- Ability to monitor student progress on a regular basis, coordinating Student Assistance Team (SAT) meetings as needed.
- Ability to discuss student’s needs and performances with general education teachers, parents, and administrators.
- Ability to provide consultative services to parents and teachers about the identification and verification of disabilities.
- Create and implement accommodation plans specific to student needs.
- Able to collect and evaluate assessment data for accommodations and progress monitoring.
- Ability to assess students’ progress and use that information to adapt lessons to help them learn.
- Create and implement behavior and social management strategies.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education and/or Endorsement/Master’s Degree in Special Education
- Nebraska Teaching Certificate
- Specialized training in various research-based interventions and strategies
- Completed Safe Environment Training
Application InstructionsPlease send cover letter, resume, and letters of reference to :
William P Huben, Principal
St. Wenceslaus Catholic School
15353 Pacific Street, Omaha, NE 68154
or via email to email@example.com