Madonna School & Community-Based Services - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Madonna School & Community-Based Services
6402 N 71st Plaza
Submitted ByName: Tabitha Keating
DescriptionDepartment: PK-8 Education
Reports to: Director of Education & Child Development
Principal Duties and Responsibilities• Embrace the Mission of Madonna School & Community-Based Services and the Catholic-Christian values it is founded upon.
• Work under the direction of and in close partnership with the Director of Education & Child Development to enhance and expand Madonna’s inclusive education partnerships.
• Build a shared system of inclusive practices and co-teaching strategies at each Madonna partner school through a tailored and well-executed plan that includes modeling, ongoing professional development, coaching and support for administrators, faculty, and staff.
• Serve as an active member of each partner school’s MTSS or Student Assistant Team process, supporting the evaluation of student needs, the development and implementation of individual student plans, and data-based problem solving.
• Attend and fully contribute to all Individual Student Plan meetings of students served.
• Serve as a key liaison between Madonna and each partner school, building strong relationships between the special educators, classroom teachers, administrators and parents/guardians of students served.
• Provide regular progress updates to the partnership’s leadership team on building a shared system of inclusive practices and co-teaching strategies.
• Assist the Madonna President, Director of Advancement, and Director of Education & Child Development with targeted stakeholder cultivation efforts as called upon, including student/family recruitment, program-related marketing & communications, and relevant fundraising efforts.
• Support each partner school’s administration, faculty, and staff in helping each student served achieve her/his individualized learning goals, including taking on responsibilities outside of core duties when/if circumstances warrant and as called upon.
• Manage all duties and responsibilities by maintaining regular work hours and completing all administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner, while meeting the additional demands naturally tied to cultivating and growing
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Be a self-starter, willing to learn new skills and take on tasks at any level to achieve goals.
• Be organized and goal-driven, exhibiting follow-through on completing tasks and achieving goals.
• Be a skilled multi-tasker and excellent time manager, exhibiting an ability to effectively manage multiple projects and achieve multiple goals simultaneously.
• Be a collaborative leader, exhibiting the ability to highly engage, motivate and build positive relationships across a wide array of stakeholder groups, including but not limited to supervisors, school leaders, faculty, staff, students, families, and others.
• Exhibit a passion and urgency for the critical role of inclusive education in Omaha Catholic Schools.
• Exhibit a mastery of research-based best-practices in inclusive education and co-teaching strategies which benefit students with mild to moderate IDD, as well as a mastery of modeling to, coaching, and training school leaders, faculty, and staff on inclusive practices.
• Exhibit knowledge of adult learning styles and best practices for training, coaching, and supporting educators that lead to improved practice, including experience coordinating and delivering professional development.
• Exhibit cultural competency with the ability to navigate conversations, myth bust, and promote understanding and sensitivity on issues pertaining to individuals with IDD.
• Exhibit strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal, writing and communication skills.
• Exhibit proficiency in core office applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
Education and Experience
• Bachelors with related professional certifications required, Masters preferred.
• 3-5 years Co-Teaching experience required, with 3-5 years in school or district level leadership preferred.
• Valid and Current Nebraska Teaching/Administrative Certificate required.
Application InstructionsApplications due April 30, 2021. Qualified applicants will be considered until the position is filled.
Application to include:
• Cover Letter
• Professional Philosophy
• Copies of all College Transcripts and relevant Professional Licenses or Certifications
• 2-3 Letters of Recommendation
• Additional 2-3 Professional References
Qualified applicants, please forward your completed application to Tabitha Keating, Director of Administration, at email@example.com
For questions about the position, contact Jill Franco,