St. Wenceslaus Catholic School - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: St. Wenceslaus Catholic School (Omaha)
15353 Pacific St.
Submitted ByName: William Peter Huben
DescriptionDepartment: School Receptionist/Secretary
Reports to: Principal, William P. Huben
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesSt. Wenceslaus Catholic School is located in West Omaha and provides high-quality education to over 875 students. You would be working for an administrative team of three along with 88 teachers, Instructional Paraprofessionals, and other school staff. Our school serves approximately 575 school families. This position is responsible for providing receptionist skills as well as administrative and secretarial support to school administrators and acting as one of the primary points of contact for the school. This is a part-time position and hours are negotiable.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Provides support as needed to school Administrators.
• Answers office phone and front visitors’ window in a polite, enthusiastic voice.
• Tracks daily attendance and alerts administration to excessive absences – this number as determined by the Principal.
• Competent with Microsoft Word, Google, and Excel.
• Creates, updates, and produces databases as requested by the administration from a variety of sources (e.g. student information, timesheets, calendars, expenditures/budget, substitute log, etc.) for the purpose of complying with financial, legal, and/or administrative requirements.
• Mastery of Student Information System (SIS) – currently Sycamore
• Responsible for office equipment (e.g. copiers and laminator), including - scheduling routine maintenance, replacing toner and adding paper, and assisting staff with equipment.
• Orders materials and supplies with approval of Principal and maintains receipt and purchase order files. Checks accuracy of delivery and helps to distribute supplies when delivered.
Education and Experience
• Secretary experience preferred.
• Receptionist experience preferred.
• Educational secretarial experience preferred.