St. Wenceslaus Catholic School - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: St. wenceslaus Catholic School (Omaha)
15353 Pacific St.
Submitted ByName: William Peter Huben
Reports to: Principal, William P. Huben
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesSt. Wenceslaus Catholic School in Omaha, NE, is searching for a second Assistant Principal for the 2021-2022 school year. We serve over 875 students in an academically focused National Blue Ribbon School. The assistant principal will provide instructional, emotional, and spiritual leadership to a staff of 88, our large student body, as well as our 575 school families. Any candidate will possess Nebraska Administrative certification, excellent communication and relationship-building skills, a strong instructional presence, and sound competencies in problem-solving and critical thinking. St. Wenceslaus has a long history of academic excellence, exemplary high test scores, a rich program of extracurricular activities, and very active and supportive parents.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• A practicing member, in good standing, of the Roman Catholic Church.
• Instill Catholic values in students, parents and staff;
• Strong working knowledge of the spiritual and academic educational documents used in the Archdiocese.
• Strong working knowledge and/or skills in administration, management, curriculum, instruction, public relations, communications, and development.
• High energy leader with a passion for students, faith formation, community building, character development learning, and excellence.
• Demonstrated record of developing processes, implementing and evaluating an effective school improvement plan.
• Demonstrated record of setting high expectations for students, staff, and self; assessing progress and growth on an ongoing basis.
• Oversee and provide support and monitor the implementation of the Archdiocesan approved curriculum
• Provide leadership in establishing a safe and secure school environment
• Comply with all Archdiocesan and state guidelines and requirements
• Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Supervise and evaluate faculty and staff regularly
• Perform such other duties as defined
Education and Experience
A candidate shall possess
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Masters Degree in Education Administration
• Possess a valid Nebraska Administration Certificate.
• At least five years of classroom teaching experience in education is preferred.
• Experience as a school administrator preferred but not required