St. Stephen the Martyr Catholic Church - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: St. Stephen the Martyr
16701 S Street
Submitted ByName: Fr. David Belt, Pastor
DescriptionDepartment: Religious Education
Reports to: Pastor
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesSaint Stephen the Martyr Church in Omaha, Nebraska, is seeking a full-time Director of Religious Education (DRE) for a growing parish of about 3,300 families.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Coordinate and provide a comprehensive faith formation program for children from preschool through 8th Grade.
• Organize and coordinate sacramental preparation activities for the sacraments of Reconciliation, Eucharist, and Confirmation.
• Oversee and direct the recruitment and ministry of catechists, support staff, and Religious Education staff members.
• Provide opportunities for parents to live their role as primary catechists by taking an active part in the religious education of their children.
• Offer a servant mentality with the ability to engage all parishioners, staff, and those seeking Christ with a spirit of faith, hope, and charity.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The ideal candidate is a faith-filled, enthusiastic individual who shares their passion for Christ and His Church with children and families in a way that will equip them to live their faith more actively. The successful candidate must be faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church and an active member of the Church.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in Theology, Religious Education, Catechetics, or Pastoral Ministry is preferred, but associated fields are acceptable. Previous faith formation experience is desired.