St. Gerald Catholic Church - Ralston
LocationName of Facility: St. Gerald Catholic Church
7859 Lakeview St.
Submitted ByName: Charlie Hoover
DescriptionDepartment: Evangelization & Discipleship
Reports to: Director of Evangelization & Discipleship
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Employees of the Catholic Church are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. The Coordinator of Evangelization and Discipleship is required to be an active, practicing Roman Catholic, in good standing.
• Manages schedules for Family Formation, Catechists, Confirmation, WINGS, including dates for Sacraments
• Establish policies in accord with the teaching of the Catholic Church. Ensure all educational materials are rooted in Catholic doctrine
• Ensure all adult volunteers are Safe Environment Certified
• Must be responsible for the budgets of the programs and all duties at the request of the pastor
• Plan, organize, and execute the Family Formation program.
• Recruit, train, and lead the catechist team.
• Advertise Family Formation and register families.
• Forms relationships with parents, children and catechists to accompany them on their faith journey
• Facilitate communications with staff, catechists, and families.
• Oversees the sacramental preparations for the children and youth of the parish including Reconciliation, First Communion and Confirmation retreats
• Plans the liturgies for 1 st Reconciliation, 1 st Holy Communion and Confirmation, working with the Archbishop, parents and catechists
• Plan and direct WINGS program for parents and children who are behind on their sacraments of 1 st Reconciliation, 1 st Holy Communion and Baptism
• Choose curriculum for Confirmation and communicate expectations to parents, students, sponsors and catechists
Other Activities, Programs, and Events
• Involves planning, organizing, and executing, as directed
• Recruiting others to assist.
• Marketing and communications appropriate to the activity.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Possess and able to consistently demonstrate the following personal and professional qualifications:
• Committed to regular personal prayer time and encouraging and accompanying others in this area
• Strong understanding of theology and teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Must have flexibility in work hours with availability to parishioners
• Ability to train and teach others.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Education and Experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• 2+ years of pastoral ministry experience