St. Mary Catholic School - Wayne
LocationName of Facility: St. Mary Catholic School
420 E. 7th Street
Submitted ByName: Rev. Jerry Connealy
DescriptionReports to: Pastor
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesSt. Mary Catholic School in Wayne is searching for PK-6 Principal for the 2021-2022 school year, to take a thriving, Christ-centered community to the next level. The principal will be a practicing Catholic committed to the mission of Catholic education who will foster the Catholic identity of the school by promoting Catholic values and nurturing the faith formation and spirituality of the faculty, staff and students. The ideal candidate will possess Nebraska Administrative certification, a high level of professionalism, superior communication and relationship-building skills, a strong instructional presence, an intuitive understanding of utilizing data to inform instruction, and well-developed competencies in problem-solving and critical thinking. St. Mary’s proudly serves 48 students and boasts a rich history of academic excellence, high test scores, with active and engaged parents.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• A practicing member, in good standing, of the Roman Catholic Church who sees his/her commitment to Catholic education as a ministry.
• Demonstrated record of developing a sound philosophy of Catholic School education and administration.
• High energy leader with a passion for students, faith formation, community building, character development learning, and excellence.
• Demonstrated record of developing processes, implementing and evaluating an effective school improvement plan.
• Strong working knowledge of the spiritual and academic educational documents used in the Archdiocese.
• Strong working knowledge and/or skills in administration, management, curriculum, instruction, public relations, communications, and development.
• Demonstrated record of setting high expectations for students, staff and self; assessing progress and growth on an ongoing basis.
• Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Master’s Degree in Education Administration
• Possesses a valid Nebraska Administration Certificate
• Five or more years of experience as a classroom teacher
• Minimum of three years as a school administrator preferred but not required
Application InstructionsInterested applicants should send a letter of application, resume, transcripts, and three current references to Rev. Jerry Connealy, School President and Pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted through March 31st.