Omaha Catholic Schools Consortium Office - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Omaha Catholic School Consortium
4501 S. 41st Street Street
Submitted ByName: Chris Nelson
DescriptionReports to: Principal
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Consortium was created in 2012 and is a collaboration of the Dual Language Academy, Holy Cross, Our Lady of Lourdes, St. Bernadette, St. Thomas More and Sts. Peter and Paul.
• Plans and executes effective teaching with research-based pedagogy.
• Knowledge and ability to utilize a variety of instructional strategies.
• Understands and teaches the standards used by the Omaha Catholic School Consortium.
• Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment in the classroom.
• Uses digital resources and best practices to manage classroom technology, including blended learning applications and Google classroom.
• Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, and keeps appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary.
**Full job description available for download
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must possess ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and the public.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Best Instructional Practices
• Must be able to learn and use the following: STAR, Fountas and Pinnell Benchmarking System, Lexia, No Red Ink, Happy Numbers, Aleks, Go Guardian, and Google Classroom.
• Supporting and upholding the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school
Supporting and adhering to the Code of Conduct and policies and procedures of the school and Archdiocese.
Education and Experience
• Must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education or a related field and meet the Nebraska Department of Education licensure eligibility requirements to teach elementary education.
• Must be eligible for, or in possession or an appropriate Nebraska teaching license.
Application InstructionsInterested candidates are to submit, electronically, the following materials:
• Cover letter and resume
• List of references – References will only be contacted once an applicant has reached semifinalist standing and with permission of the applicant (to preserve confidentiality on the applicant’s part)
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org