Sacred Heart Church - Norfolk
LocationName of Facility: Sacred Heart Parish
204 S. 5th Street
Submitted ByName: Sheryl Cahoy
Reports to: Pastor
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesAre you passionate about helping people know Christ? Do you love working with people and building teams to accomplish great things? Consider joining the Sacred Heart Parish and Norfolk Catholic School team as our Development Coordinator.
The successful candidate will help carry out the mission of our parish and school by coordinating and supporting staff and steward teams involved with fundraising, events, and development efforts to build a robust source of financial and volunteer support. Primary duties include marketing and communications, steward and volunteer coordination, and database management. Applications accepted through November 13, 2020 with flexible start date, full time hours and benefits.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic understanding of the general principles and practices of fundraising.
- Experience with database management or donor software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Design, layout, and graphic skills would be helpful
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility, and ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Experience in collaborating with others to coordinate teamwork and achieve goals
- Sensitivity to ethnic, racial, religious, and socio-economic backgrounds of constituents
- Discrete, confidentiality in conducting business is required.
Education and Experience
- Dedication to the precepts and mission of the Catholic Church and its apostolates and a commitment to the mission of Sacred Heart Parish and Norfolk Catholic School.
- Associates degree or minimum of one year experience in customer/volunteer relationship or fundraising.