Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart
3601 Burt St
Submitted ByName: Brittany Dorner
DescriptionDepartment: Buildings & Maintenance
Reports to: Director of Buildings & Maintenance
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesMajor Responsibilities:
• Models the Sacred Heart Goals and Criteria and sets the standard for honest, open, professional communication with all groups on campus;
• is responsible for improvements, repairs, cleanliness, and preventative maintenance of the buildings, equipment and grounds.
• provides honest, open, professional communication with all groups on campus;
• work hours are 7:00am-3:30pm; as the “first to arrive” each morning, must ensure that the building is open and safe for others who come to work, this includes lights, clear walks, and any other safety hazard that might occur;
• reviews procedures for pest control and monitors and inspects with licensed pest control service;
• takes responsibility for any problem that needs immediate attention to protect the building or grounds;
• checks the temperature throughout the building and take steps to adjust to a comfortable range, report problems to the Director of Buildings & Maintenance;
• monitors the operation of all major equipment;
• meets with the chemical treatment specialist to discuss changes in the water treatment plan as required;
• make repairs on any part of the building, grounds or equipment;
• carries out any improvement project which may require skills in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, gardening and sprinkler systems;
• performs any required cleaning or housekeeping duties;
• monitors the daily and monthly “preventative maintenance schedule” and carry out all required maintenance;
• provides set-ups for events including furniture and equipment;
• ensures that all shop and storage areas are clean and picked up;
• contributes to all safe work practices to avoid any work-related injury;
• responsible for seasonal snow and ice removal duty;
• willingness to advance within the HVAC field; and
• willingness to operate a 65’ personal lift.
• Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
• Requires the ability to communicate effectively using sp
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Experience with maintenance in 100+ year old building
• HVAC servicing
• Will be exposed to dusty work conditions weekly;
• Will be exposed to strong chemicals monthly; and
• Will be exposed to hot working conditions seasonally.
Application InstructionsPlease submit your resume and application to HR@DuchesneAcademy.Org or apply online at duchesneacademy.org/apps/form/employee-application
No phone calls, please
** Duchesne will conduct background and reference checks. By applying to this position, you agree to cooperate fully in those procedures. Any employment offer is subject to Duchesne’s approval of the outcome of those checks.
Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or national origin in the administration of its policies, admissions, employment policies or any other programs administered by the school.