St. Thomas More Catholic Church - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: St. Thomas More Catholic Church
4804 Grover St
Submitted ByName: Rev. Jeffrey P. Lorig
DescriptionDepartment: Evangelization and Discipleship
Reports to: Director of Evangelization and Discipleship
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesPrinciple Duties and Responsibilities
• Receive guidance and support from the parish Director of Evangelization and Discipleship.
• Work out of the Evangelization Team to strategize and implement a program of family faith
• Build, mentor, and lead a team of volunteers to help execute family faith formation.
• Create age appropriate curriculums that serve both adults and children to grow in their
relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Coordinate a calendar of events for family faith formation.
• Communicate with families about expectations for the program.
• Coordinate sacramental prep for families with children requiring the sacraments: First
Reconciliation, First Communion, Confirmation, and the Rite of Christian Initiation for Children
• Communicate regularly with the Catholic school sacramental prep teachers.
• Carry and communicate pastor’s vision to key constituents and groups within the parishes and
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
• Active, practicing Roman Catholic in full communion with the Catholic Church, with a
demonstrated commitment to prayer and continued formation.
• Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the “New Evangelization,” as well as current trends and
methods in evangelization.
• A firm grasp of the concept of leadership multiplication and apprenticeship.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to inspire others to carry out the mission and
ministry of evangelization in a pastoral manner.
• Ability to adapt and apply knowledge and skills to a variety of parish situations that may occur.
• Ability to address key contemporary moral and social issues with a pastoral approach, centered
in Church teaching.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, capable of overseeing multiple programs simultaneously,
and prioritizing activity.
• Strong communication skills and effective use of social media and Microsoft Office suite.
• Sets an example of integrity, accountability, and productivity.
• Ability to work within a team and receive direction and feedback.
• Maintains confidentiality in dealing with information.
• Availability evenings, weekends, and occasional extended periods as needed.