Dual Language Academy - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Dual Language Academy
4501 S 41st St
Submitted ByName: Amanda Alvarado
DescriptionDepartment: Extended Care
Reports to: Principal
Principal Duties and Responsibilities• Develops a competent, productive staff by supervising the Extended Care personnel.
• Plans for and protects the financial resources of the program by implementing daily and weekly billing procedures.
• Provides planned activities by developing and implementing age-specific programs for before and after school Extended Care.
• Provides custodial disinfection and sanitization support for rooms used by Extended Care
• Directs a staff. The director will assign work, coach or counsel staff for improved performance.
• Develops plans, work schedules, and budgets.
• Orders supplies and snacks
• Reports observations to parents and makes reports to form a partnership with the parent to grow stronger more resilient children.
• Reviews and updates the handbook. Works with supervisor to determine policies.
• Attends training sessions and 12 hours of in service per year.
• Communicates with parents, parish and school staff to maintain a plentiful and safe environment for the children and a continuity in the information flow for the parents.
• Other duties as assigned.
Click here for the job description.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must have knowledge of early childhood development and learning needs.
• Ability to hire, motivate, and train staff.
• Demonstrated knowledge of state licensing requirements.
• Knowledge of first aid and basic life support as obtained in CPR certification.
• Meets eligibility for state and legal requirements for Child Care Directors.
Education and Experience
• A Bachelor of Science degree desired or Have a high school diploma or GED and 3000 clock hours of verifiable experience in organized group activities for children age birth to 13 as indicated by a positive reference from a former employer or supervisor.
• Safe Environment Trained