St. Stephen the Martyr School - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: St. Stephen the Martyr
16701 S Street
Submitted ByName: Joe Greco
Reports to: Assistant Principal
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesPRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains the credibility and reputation of the program by complying with legal requirements.
• Develops a competent, productive staff by supervising the Kidzone personnel.
• Plans for and protects the financial resources of the program by implementing daily and weekly billing procedures.
• Provides planned activities by developing and implementing age specific programs.
• Provides custodial disinfection and sanitization support for rooms used by KidZone
• Directs a staff. The director will interview applicants, hire staff, recommend salary, assign work, coach or counsel staff for improved performance.
• Develops plans, work schedules, and budgets.
• Orders supplies and snacks
• Reports observations to parents and makes reports to form a partnership with the parent to grow stronger more resilient children.
• Directs the registration process for the school year and for the summer program.
• Reviews and updates the handbook. Works with supervisor to determine policies.
• Attends training sessions and 12 hours of in service per year.
• Communicates with parents, parish and school staff to maintain a plentiful and safe environment for the children and a continuity in the information flow for the parents.
• Other duties as assigned.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Must have knowledge of early childhood development and learning needs.
• Ability to hire, motivate, and train staff.
• Demonstrated knowledge of state licensing requirements.
• Knowledge of first aid and basic life support as obtained in CPR certification.
• Meets eligibility for state and legal requirements for Child Care Directors.
Education and Experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• A Bachelor of Science degree or 5 years of equivalent work experience is desired.