St. Stephen the Martyr Catholic Church - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: St. Stephen the Martyr
16701 S Street
Submitted ByName: Angie Carnazzo
DescriptionDepartment: Evangelization and Catechesis
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesSaint Stephen the Martyr Catholic Church in Omaha, Nebraska, is seeking a full-time Director of Parish Evangelization and Adult Catechesis. Applicants must faithfully uphold the teachings of the Catholic Church and promote the vision to evangelize and catechize active parishioners, inactive Catholics, and all searchers and seekers of Jesus Christ. This position will lead Saint Stephen the Martyr’s community efforts to encounter, know, and proclaim Christ through program creation and implementation and faith formation experiences within the Church’s vision of the New Evangelization. The successful candidate will also be responsible for forming both staff and volunteers as missionary disciples so that all parish programs and activities will embody the New Evangelization and be opportunities to encounter Christ.
Click here for the job description.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Practicing Catholic with an understanding of the major principles of Evangelization and Catechesis as expressed in the Joy of the Gospel, the 1997 General Directory for Catechesis, and the 2005 National
Directory for Catechesis.
• A servant mentality with the ability to engage all parishioners, staff, and those seeking Christ with a spirit of faith, hope, and charity.
• Professional and positive team player in all aspects and responsibilities of the position.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Theology, Philosophy, Pastoral Ministry, or Religious Education preferred.
• Excellent leadership abilities with a track record of effectively leading a team to implement and achieve a vision.