Dual Language Academy - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Dual Language Academy
4501 S. 41st Street
Submitted ByName: Chris Nelson
DescriptionDepartment: Omaha Catholic School Consoritum
Reports to: Executive Director
Principal Duties and Responsibilities• Model the Catholic faith and support faith development opportunities for students and staff.
• Possess a thorough understanding of bilingual education.
• Guide curriculum development and selection of instructional materials for both English and Spanish.
• Create and maintain a productive community where there is harmony, a positive learning environment, effective communication, and shared responsibility.
• Promote a school culture that values both languages equally and thoroughly supports on-level proficiency development for both languages.
• Provide input about school budget and maintain required financial records.
• Lead ongoing curriculum evaluation and development in both languages.
• Ensure continuity among materials across the curriculum in English and Spanish.
• Lead and facilitate the implementation of a standards-based curriculum in both languages.
• Provide assistance and guide teachers in determining effective curriculum approaches and appropriate methodologies for teaching.
• Assist teachers in designing appropriate classroom assessments and analyzing test data to determine specific student needs.
• Develop and plan programming for school safety awareness and training.
• Serve as point-of-contact between Boston College TWIN-CS. Attend TWIN-CS professional development meetings.
• Assist with marketing events for the Dual Language program, advancing the goals of the program, assuring 100% immersion experiences.
• Establish ongoing communication and education with parents regarding the Dual Language program.
*Full job description available to download
Click here for the job description.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• A practicing member, in good standing, of the Roman Catholic Church who sees his/her commitment to Catholic education as a ministry.
• Demonstrated record of developing a sound philosophy of Catholic School education, bilingual education, and administration.
• High energy leader with a passion for students, faith formation, community building, character development learning, culture building, and excellence.
• Demonstrated record of developing processes, implementing and evaluating an effective school improvement plan.
• Strong working knowledge of the spiritual and academic educational documents used in the Archdiocese.
• Strong working knowledge and/or skills in administration, management, curriculum, instruction, public relations, communications, development, budget and finance.
• Demonstrated record of setting high expectations for students, staff and self; assessing progress and growth on an ongoing basis.
• Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree in Education Administration
• Bilingual candidates preferred
• Possesses a valid Nebraska Administration Certificate
• Five or more years of experience as a classroom teacher
• Minimum of three years as a school administrator preferred but not required
Application InstructionsInterested candidates are to submit, electronically, the following materials:
• Cover letter and resume
• Educational Philosophy (One page)
• List of references – References will only be contacted once an applicant has reached semifinalist standing and with permission of the applicant (to preserve confidentiality on the applicant’s part)
Please send to Chris Nelson, email@example.com