Catholic Charities of Omaha - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Catholic Charities
3300 N. 60th St.
Submitted ByName: Kelly Bolte
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesProvide crisis intervention, advocacy, and support to survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual assault and their children through one-on-one interactions, support groups, and community collaboration. Support and advocate for families in meeting their physical, social, and behavioral needs in a healthy and safe manner.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides/facilitates education/support for clients in one-on-one or group setting.
2. Provide day-to-day delivery of services, problem solving, and service coordination.
3. Support and advocate for families in meeting their physical, social, and behavioral needs in a healthy and safe manner.
4. Develop and foster community partnerships (social services, education, health care, law enforcement, and legal systems) to advocate for domestic violence/sexual assault survivors.
5. Maintains a safe and clean environment.
Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
*Reliable attendance is an on-going essential job function.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of domestic violence/sexual assault and the needs, problems, and attitudes related to the victims or a willingness to learn.
• Ability to communicate sensitively and without judgment.
• Ability to abide by agency regulations regarding confidentiality and ethics.
• Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with clients, co-workers, and other agency staff.
• Ability to use good judgment and communication when reaching decisions.
• Ability to respond to and de-escalate crisis situations appropriately.
• Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries with clients.
• Strong planning and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure.
• Dependable, positive, self-directed, and motivated.
• Knowledge of or experience working with people from diverse groups.
• Ability to show sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
• Knowledge of trauma-informed care practices with an emphasis on empowerment, power differentials, and gender issues.
• Computer proficiency including MS word, excel, power point, outlook.
• Ability to make decisions in emergency situations and the absence of supervisor.
• Knowledge of local community resources.
• Knowledge of Catholic Charities’ mission, values, vision, and ethical standards.
• Knowledge of the Catholic Charities Compliance Program requirements including – but not limited to – the Code of Ethics, the Compliance Policy, all organization-wide policies for compliance and compliance procedures affecting specific duties and responsibilities.
Education and Experience
• 6 months experience working with the public or on a work team required.
• One-year experience working within human services or behavioral health is preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent required 4 year college degree in social work or related human services field preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and other Designations:
CPR and First Aid certification or ability to obtain within first 3 months of employment.
Valid Nebraska Driver’s License and Insurability.
Position functions in a residential setting with women and children who have experienced domestic abuse. • Travel required within city/regional area in as needed basis. Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.