Daniel J Gross Catholic High School - Bellevue
LocationName of Facility: Gross Catholic High School
7700 South 43rd
Submitted ByName: Dorothy Ostrowski
Reports to: President
Principal Duties and Responsibilities1. Crafts a vision for the advancement program appropriate to the advancement of the institution.
2. Oversees the establishment of policy and protocol on all issues pertaining to the advancement program.
3. Prepares, with the assistance of other Advancement Office staff, an annual plan for advancement which includes goals, action items and a budget.
4. Develops and maintains a five-year strategic plan for the advancement program which is updated annually.
5. Manages, plans, and implements all aspects of the Dux Esto Annual Giving Program, Capital Campaigns, and the Holy Family Legacy Society Planned Giving Program.
6. Identifies, cultivates, solicits and closes mid-level and major gifts. Maintains an active pool of prospects in these categories. Conducts regular face-to-face visits with prospects and maintains a log of donor outreach. Utilizes the donor database and available donor software for the purpose of donor cultivation.
7. Assists in the hiring of all advancement staff. Directs the organization and management of the comprehensive advancement program through supervision of the advancement staff.
8. Works closely and collaboratively with the Advancement Office database manager and the Business Office to ensure accurate documentation and acknowledgements of donor gifts. Provides detailed summary reports for the Annual Report, annual audits and board and subcommittee meetings.
9. Works closely with the Board, both through the Development Committee and by providing support for individual Board members who are assigned to major gift prospects, for the purpose of cultivation and solicitation.
10. Provides organization and serves as the staff representative for the Endowment Foundation Board.
11. Recruits, organizes, and trains volunteer groups involved with fund development.
12. Advises the President on all issues pertaining to the advancement program.
13. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Click here for the job description.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Understanding and experience in the general principles, practices and procedures of advancement
• Works collaboratively with others
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Ability to organize, supervise, manage, and maintain a positive working relationship with others
• Understanding of the general principles of accounting and finance
• Strong work ethic, strategic thinking and planning skills, and a call to the mission of Catholic education