St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: St. Vincent de Paul Church
14330 Eagle Run Drive
Submitted ByName: Kathy Wilhelm
Reports to: Tom Peal, Director of Facilities
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesFull time weekend custodian. This position offers the opportunity to work in our new Parish Center as well as other parts of our parish and school campus.
• Perform major cleaning tasks such as vacuuming (using a 20 lb. vacuum daily for 2-4 hours), wet-mopping, sweeping, dusting, cleaning tables, and emptying trash, (lifting waste paper and debris - minimum of 55 lbs.)
• Clean restrooms, including floors and all fixtures including drinking fountains. Ensure restrooms are clean and disinfected.
• Set up and take down of events.
• Work includes weekend evenings to meet events and facility schedules.
• Ensure that all doors and windows are appropriately locked at the end of the day.
• Must be able to go up and down stairs frequently, as well as regular bending and standing as needed in a daily shift.
• Assist in major clean-up in summer such as washing tables, washing down walls, stripping and waxing floors, cleaning carpets etc.
• Pull weeds, keep grounds free of rubbish and in winter shovel snow from steps and sidewalks and apply ice melt when appropriate.
• Maintain a professional relationship with all staff members and community patrons.
• Regularly monitor email for pertinent communication.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Ability to lift 55 pounds to shoulder height occasionally
• Ability to push / pull a minimum of 20 pounds frequently
Education and Experience
High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred and willing to complete Safe Environment Training.