St. Patrick Catholic Church - Gretna
Sales & Marketing
LocationName of Facility: St. Patrick Catholic Church of Gretna
508 W. Angus Street
Submitted ByName: Jolene Jefferies, Parish Manager
DescriptionDepartment: Parish Office
Reports to: Jolene Jefferies, Parish Manager
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesTo assist the Pastor, parish leadership groups and staff in communicating the good news of Jesus Christ and the ministries of St. Patrick Catholic Church of Gretna to our parish community, our region and our Archdiocese through every possible medium of communication as a means to evangelize and lead others to a deeper relationship with the Holy Trinity, our Blessed Mother, and the universal church. Click here for the job description.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Interest and aptitude for furthering the mission of St. Patrick Catholic Church.
• Knowledge of the teaching and practices of the Catholic faith with experience in evangelization through communications.
• Ability to work as a team player with parish leadership, staff, parishioners, vendors, visitors and volunteers, promote good communications within and outside the parish, and present a positive image of the parish.
• Discretion and ability to keep knowledge gained from work in strict confidence and maintain professionalism at all times.
• Ability to keep the communications and volunteer ministries on track spiritually and technologically.
• Ability to recruit, lead and work with a wide variety of volunteers.
• Self-motivated, artistic, creative and innovative with the ability to multi-task under a minimum of supervision.
• Organize multiple projects effectively, be flexible and adaptable to new and changing situations, and meet multiple deadlines on a daily basis.
• Fluency in the English language to include a sound grasp of spelling, grammar and punctuation in writing, editing and proofing information for publication.
• Familiarity with developing and updating websites, website content management systems, social media platforms, and audio/video development tools and technologies.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint), desktop publishing and graphics design software, parish database or human resource information systems, and other related software programs.
Education and Experience
• College degree in graphics design, marketing and/or communications.
• 5-7 years of experience in a related communications or marketing occupation in a business environment.