Essential Pregnancy Services - 93rd Street - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Essential Pregnancy Services
3171 N 93rd St
Submitted ByName: Dennis Waggoner
DescriptionDepartment: Health & Wellness
Reports to: Michelle Witt Director of Health and Wellness
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesPosition: Staff Nurse
Center location: Maple Village Testing Center
Hours: 40 hours per week
Hourly Rate: Based upon experience and qualifications
Maple Village Center Hours: Monday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday 8:00-4:30 Tuesday 10:30-7 and one Saturday (9-2) shift per month.
Position Purpose: Essential Pregnancy Services is a pregnancy helps organization dedicated to assisting women and families with unplanned pregnancies by helping them build a healthy future through support, education, health services, material assistance and referrals. The greatest needs of a teen or a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy is the medical care needed to answer her immediate questions on pregnancy, as well as the opportunity to be listened to in an environment that is safe and confidential.
The dedicated nursing staff at EPS, along with physicians, sonographers, advocates, and professional counselors, work to ensure that women facing an unexpected pregnancy receive the best medical, psychosocial and spiritual care possible. We strive to educate women about their pregnancies and help to create options for them.
In 2024 Essential Pregnancy Services will be expanding medical services in order to offer more comprehensive medical care to the clients we serve to ensure a holistic approach, (mind, body, and spirit), to the support we give.
● Attend at least 6 monthly nurses meetings annually
● Attend monthly staff meetings
● Maintain Current RN/LPN Licensure
● Complete Annual Education provided by EPS
● Maintain current BLS certification
● Complete required Continuing Education for nurses every 2 years to enable license renewal with DHHS
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
EXCELLENCE IN SERVICE
● Follow EPS Policy and Procedures, Standing Orders, and approved EPS Nursing Education during every client interaction.
● Collaborate with Client Testing Staff to provide “The Essentials” process to every client
● Provide same day Nurse Consult to all EPS clients
● Perform Limited Obstetric Ultrasounds per Standing Orders
● Administer Pregnancy tests per Standing Orders
● Collect urine specimens and prep STI Screening kits per Standing Orders
● Enter lab orders for STI screenings as part of the NIPP project and send STI screening Specimens to Nebraska Public Health Lab.
● Mail or call all STI lab results to clients within 7-10 business days of STI screening
● Provide assistance to for Helpline personnel for discussing EPS services when needed
● Complete all medical nursing follow ups to clients
● Provide STI Treatment to positive clients per Standing Orders
● Cross train in other testing service positions such as Reception Specialist and Resource Advocate.
● Communicate client STI treatment/screening status with DCHD as needed
● Communicate with NPHL regarding STI screening results as needed
● Communicate with Medical Director as need arises
Provide EPS approved:
● Birth control education and NFP/fertility appreciation community resource information
● STI Risk assessment and treatment education for clients.
● Options education for abortion vulnerable and minded clients
● Prenatal education for clients who plan to carry their pregnancies to term.
● Accurately document all nursing assessment, intervention, education, and community resource information given for every client served in a timely manner, utilizing the electronic database.
Education and Experience
1. Active Nursing License in the state of Nebraska
2. Current BLS
3. Willing to complete or has completed Limited Obstetric Ultrasound Training and 50-75 required supervised scans. (Approved by Medical Director to perform Limited Obstetric Ultrasound at EPS)
Application InstructionsAll applicants must be pro-life
Apply to: Director of Health and Wellness, Michelle Witt, firstname.lastname@example.org by submitting a cover letter and resume
● EPS reserves the right to unilaterally change work schedule at-will to accommodate center growth and assure EPS meets client needs.
● This schedule does not constitute a guarantee of these future employment hours listed.
● This is not an employee contract. Nebraska is an at-will employment stat
● Your employment with Essential Pregnancy Services will remain on an at-will basis.