Ss. Peter and Paul Parish (Omaha) - Omaha
Admin & Clerical
LocationName of Facility: Sts Peter and Paul/St. Mary's Parish Office
5912 S. 36th Street
Submitted ByName: Fr. Bond
DescriptionReports to: Fr. Bond
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesProvides a welcoming environment to parishioners and visitors and performs all office clerical/administrative duties in a timely and efficient manner. Manages the parish calendar and parish records. Assists the Pastor and Parish staff as needed.
• Greets and delivers exceptional assistance to all parishioners/visitors.
• Operates standard office equipment, answers phones and assists callers by answering or referring inquiries. Retrieves and ensures timely updates to the phone messages and system.
• Reviews email daily, answering or referring all inquiries.
• Receives deliveries; sorts and distributes incoming mail daily.
• Keeps a safe and clean reception area and ensures documents and items of private or financial nature are secure and not displayed or accessible/viewable to others.
• Prepares the weekly bulletin and ensures accuracy.
• Maintains accurate parish, parishioner and sacramental records Prepares any necessary paperwork or documents in relation to sacraments.
• Maintains accurate record of parishioner contributions/donations; sends annual statements, as needed.
• Accurately records Mass intentions, notifies families as necessary.
• Manages or assists in special events of the parish (i.e., Funerals, Quinceañeras, Festival) as needed. Be familiar with and able to execute tasks for these special events.
• Communicates parish happenings/events to parishioners, via email, website, and Flocknote as needed.
• Maintains sign-up system for liturgical ministries, as needed.
• Maintains an organized filing system and orders office supplies as needed.
• Maintains parish calendar for both campuses. Coordinates with parish hall manager.
• Manages SCRIP program. Fulfills both orders and restocking. Manages deposits, purchases, and distributions.
• Creates a positive and productive work environment by effectively interacting and communicating with all staff members.
• Supports other staff members.
• Performs additional duties as assigned, by the Pastor.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written bilingual communication skills; ability to speak, read and write in both English and Spanish required.
• High level of professionalism; service oriented.
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills; strong attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and human relations skills ability; to create a positive and welcoming environment.
• Understanding and experience with office computer systems/software to include email, internet, word processing, light spreadsheet use, and Microsoft Publisher. Additionally, an understanding of the Parish software/database and Flocknote communication system or willingness to learn how to use.
• Self-motivated, a willingness to learn and adapt to procedural changes.
• Regular and predictable attendance.
Education and Experience
• At least 1-year experience in an office setting.
• High School Diploma.
• Background in and/or knowledge of the Catholic Church with a demonstrated commitment to the mission and teachings of the Church.
Application InstructionsTravel Requirements: Ability to travel up to 5% within the Omaha metro area.
Work/Office hours are Monday 2-4 hours and Tuesday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm. May include active participation outside of regular work hours based on parish event. Requires one Sunday per year to support our annual Parish Festival.
Hourly Salary-: $15-16/hour
Application instructions - Send you resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org ATTN: Pat and Fr. Bond
Inquiries: 402-731-4578 and leave a message for Pat and/or Fr. Bond who will return your call at a later time.
Job Posting closes on October 27, 2023