St. Stephen the Martyr Parish (Omaha) - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: St. Stephen the Martyr
16701 S Street
Submitted ByName: Adam Ybarra
Reports to: Director of Mission
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesSt. Stephen the Martyr in Omaha, NE is looking to hire a Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry.
We are a large parish in suburban West Omaha and our parish is roughly 3500+ families.
Our parish includes a school (TK-8) that feeds into the local Catholic and public High Schools.
The parish and Archdiocese of Omaha are deeply invested in making missionary disciples - it's an exciting time to be in Nebraska!
This would be a great fit for those that have been a staff member or student missionary.
Omaha has a great number of FOCUS alumni and our Associate Pastor is also a FOCUS Alumni.
Please send questions, resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must be able to foster a culture of customer service, collaboration, and Christ-like behavior, with a special emphasis on the virtues of faith, hope, and charity.
• Have a high level of understanding of relational ministry and ministry of presence
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; proficiency in composing reports, correspondence and letters and in publishing e-newsletters and flyers in English, ability to develop and facilitate youth programs and Sacrament preparation sessions; ability to read and understand church documents and guidelines.
• Ability to prepare and manage budgets for major events and programs and annual budget
• Ability to solve problems, make sound decisions, and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Goggle Docs.
Education and Experience
• B.A. in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, or related field preferred, or Certificate in Youth Ministry or equivalent service or experience
• Must be a practicing Catholic.
• Knowledge of Catholic teachings, catechesis and documents on youth ministry.
• Experience working with youth and parents preferred
Application InstructionsPlease submit cover letter and resume to: