St. Matthew the Evangelist Parish (Bellevue) - Bellevue
LocationName of Facility: St. Matthew
12330 S 36th Street
Submitted ByName: Paula Banks
Reports to: Maintenance Director
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesPOSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Assists the Facility Manager in providing the evaluation and coordination of all facility maintenance requests and general maintenance and repairs. Provides a clean, safe and secure environment for all Saint Matthew Parish facility users. Supervises facility’s custodians and volunteers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain excellent housekeeping standards both inside and outside of the St Matthew Facilities. Ensures custodial duties are completed, as needed.
2. Communicates regularly with the Facility Manager and participates in keeping preventative maintenance plans current.
3. Performs routine preventative maintenance tasks as required, for example: lubricate motors, change filters, light bulbs, etc.
4. Maintains and repairs existing structures.
5. Regularly checks heating/air conditioning units for operability and adjusts thermostats, as required.
6. Ensures all lighting is maintained and controlled to obtain maximum energy efficiency including but not limited to all interior and exterior lighting both manually and/or controlled by timers or photocells, etc.
7. Maintains a viable re-cycling program, for example: checking all facility dumpsters daily to ensure that no hazardous materials have been inappropriately discarded.
8. Ensures all walkways, parking lots, roadways, stairs and sidewalks are clear of snow/ice at all times.
9. Ensures mechanical rooms, mechanical areas and air conditioning cooling tower areas are maintained, locked at all times, clear of all obstructions and void of all dangerous materials.
10. Responsible for the set up /takedown to support all parish and school related activities, for example: Mass, school programs and lunch setup, etc.
11. Monitors all outside grounds contractor’s responsibilities, for example: ice and snow removal, grounds fertilizing, lawn sprinkler maintenance, etc.
12. Ensure inventory is ordered, organized and dispenses as required.
13. Coordinates with St Matthew’s Parish volu
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must have basic knowledge of plumbing, HVAC, electrical systems, etc.
• Basic knowledge of hand tools and their use
• Mechanically inclined
• Have basic knowledge of building structures
• Basic knowledge of modems, switching and routing
• Must be able to communicate with contractors, e.g. plumbers, electricians etc.
• Self-motivated, self-driven
• Must have strong problem solving skills
• High degree of multi-tasking and time management capability
Education and Experience
Associates degree in a related skill field as listed above or 5 years relevant experience.
Application InstructionsHours are 3pm-11pm, some weekends.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org