Essential Pregnancy Services - 93rd Street - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Essential Pregnancy Services
3171 N 93rd St
Submitted ByName: Dennis Waggoner
DescriptionDepartment: Health & Wellness
Reports to: Director of Health & Wellness
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesEssential Pregnancy Services is a pregnancy resource center dedicated to assisting women and families with unplanned pregnancies by helping them build a healthy future through support, education, health services, material assistance and referrals. The greatest needs of a teen or a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy is the medical care needed to answer her immediate questions on pregnancy, as well as the opportunity to be listened to in an environment that is safe and confidential.
The dedicated nursing staff at EPS, along with physicians, sonographers, advocates, and professional counseling work to ensure that women facing an unplanned pregnancy receive the best medical, nursing, psychosocial and spiritual care possible. We strive to educate women about their pregnancies and help to create options for them.
● Must work two shifts a month to maintain Nurse Consultation and UltraSound scanning skills
● Hired to fill in for current EPS employed staff nurses when needed.
● Maintains frequent communication with Director of Health and Wellness and Nurse Manager
● Communicate client STI treatment/screening status with DCHD as needed
● Communicate with NPHL regarding STD screening results as needed
● Communicate with Medical Director as need arises
● Attend at least 6 monthly nurses meetings annually
● Attend monthly staff meetings
● Follow EPS Policy and Procedures, Standing Orders, and approved EPS Nursing Education during every client interaction.
● Collaborate with Client Testing Staff to provide “The Essentials” process to every client
● Provide same day Nurse Consult to all EPS clients
● Perform Limited Obstetric Ultrasounds per Standing Orders
● Administer Pregnancy tests per Standing Orders
● Collect urine specimens and prep STI Screening kits per Standing Orders
● Enter lab orders for STI screenings as part of the NIPP project and send STI screening Specimens to NPHL
● Mail or call all STI lab results to clients within 7-10 business days of STI screen
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Maintain Current RN/LPN Licensure
● Complete Annual Education provided by EPS
● Maintain current BLS certification
● Complete required Continuing Education for nurses every 2 years to enable license renewal with DHHS
Education and Experience
Active Nursing License in the state of Nebraska
2. Current BLS
3. Willing to complete or has completed Limited Obstetric Ultrasound Training and 50-75 required supervised scans. (Approved by Medical Director to perform Limited Obstetric Ultrasound at EPS)