CUES School System - Omaha
Admin & Clerical
LocationName of Facility: CUES Fund
Submitted ByName: Bob Glow
Reports to: CEO/ Executive Director
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Executive Assistant is responsible for assisting with and supporting the work of the CEO/Executive Director and the Executive Team. This position provides support for CUES Fund board of directors and is a member of the CUES Fund staff.
•Make necessary arrangements for meetings of the board of directors and board committees as well as numerous other meetings. Must use considerable discretion in making these arrangements.
•Prepare agendas and presentations in collaboration with the CEO/Executive Director using critical thinking skills to prioritize work.
•Attend meetings and draft minutes for the board of directors and board committees. Must use considerable judgment in documenting pertinent discussion.
•Manage and maintain the schedule for the Executive Team as requested using critical thinking skills.
•Establish and maintain confidential files, official documents, and other information for reference purposes.
•Research and generate list of donors with contact information for Executive Team to support donor stewardship.
•Work closely and collaboratively on protocols directed by the Chief Operating and Information Officer.
•Assist in the development of standards and operating procedures to enhance the integrity of CUES Fund database.
•Daily entry into CUES Fund database of all gifts, via US mail, donor meetings, and on-line through several portals.
•Assist in the creation of r correspondence including donor gift acknowledgements and pledge tracking documents.
•Maintain and update the CUES Fund database as needed for data integrity on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis.
•Monitor obituaries, news publications and social media for donor information and update CUES Fund database accordingly.
•Send flowers and/or cards to donors for deaths, birthdays, anniversaries and other special events.
•Work on special projects as directed by the Executive Team.
•Other duties as assigned
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Bachelor’s degree is preferred. May consider alternate work
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word & Excel (I.e., must be able to perform mail merge, create name tags and an Excel document using simple equations).
* Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills required to proofread acknowledgment letters and communicate directly with donors via email or phone.
* Maintains a pleasant and collaborative style in the workplace including professionalism, attention to detail, accuracy, dependability, and initiative. Strong organizational skills required.
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision
* Ability to meet deadlines.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
Education and Experience
* Minimum of 3-5 years executive administrative experience required, and 1-2 years database experience preferred.
* Work experience in the non-profit sector preferred, but not required.