Part Time Campus Minister
Roncalli Catholic High School - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Roncalli Catholic
6401 Sorensen Pkwy
Submitted ByName: J.J. Stoffel
DescriptionDepartment: Campus Ministry
Reports to: Principal
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesMeet with Principal.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The Campus Minister must be a practicing Catholic with an active sacramental and faith life and in good standing with the Catholic Church. This person will coordinate all aspects of the Campus Ministry program including: retreats, coordinating service opportunities, forming discipleship/prayer groups, and coordinating Mass/Confessions. This position will work closely with the theology department, school leadership, and teachers.
Primary responsibilities of the Campus Minister are detailed below:
• Provides opportunities for students to deepen a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Works with the theology department, school leadership, and teachers to promote the Catholic Identity of the school.
• Promotes spiritual growth of all students regardless of faith background.
• Coordinates and develops retreats for all grade levels.
• Communicates regularly with school leadership, teachers, students, families, and coaches regarding campus ministry activities, programs and projects.
• Build relationships with parish leaderships, DREs, Youth Ministers, etc. to increase student engagement in the life of the parish.
• Coordinates Masses, reconciliation services, adoration, etc.
• Organizes training for liturgical ministers in collaboration with Archdiocesan Director of Liturgical Formation; extraordinary ministers of the Eucharist, lectors, servers and all other students involved with liturgical celebrations.
• Collaborates with the music department on selection of sacred music.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Youth Ministry, or similar degree/certification
2. Experience working with High School Students
3. At least 1-2 years prior relevant work experience
Application InstructionsPlease send a cover letter, resume, references, and a copy of teaching certificate to:
Mr. J.J. Stoffel
Roncalli Catholic High School
6401 Sorensen Pkwy
Omaha, NE 68152