Pastoral Care Coordinator
St. Stephen the Martyr Parish (Omaha) - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: St. Stephen the Martyr
16701 S Street
Submitted ByName: Adam Ybarra
Reports to: Director of Mission
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesSaint Stephen the Martyr Catholic Church is seeking a Pastoral Care Coordinator. The successful candidate will be a compassionate and caring individual who will oversee all apostolates that are dedicated to the physical and spiritual care of our parish community. In collaboration with the pastor and the director of mission, the responsibilities of this position are shaped by the Works of Mercy of the Catholic Church. Responsibilities include: direct ministry to the elders, sick, homebound, dying, and grieving; coordination of all parish-based projects that support those in need; providing support, spiritual guidance and resources to individuals and families in time of crisis; serving as chaplain to the parish pro-life group, funeral lunch team, prayer shawl ministry, and Prime Timers.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Practicing Catholic with a servant mentality and the ability to engage all parishioners, staff and those seeking Christ with a spirit of faith, hope and charity.
• Highly collaborative with the ability to develop and maintain healthy working relationships with staff members, parishioners, and members of the community.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills (especially good listening skills)
• Organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
• Degree in pastoral theology, ministry, counseling, education, or a related field
• Previous experience in parish pastoral ministry or working in health-care facilities as a pastoral minister or chaplain is preferred
• Certification (or can attain certification) in Safe Environment, as required by the Archdiocese of Omaha