Director of Stewardship and Development
St. Margaret Mary Parish (Omaha) - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: St. Margaret Mary Church
6116 Dodge Street
Submitted ByName: Fr. Ralph O'Donnell
Reports to: The Pastor
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesWe are seeking a well-organized professional to execute daily parish stewardship, fundraising, and event coordination-related functions at the direction of the Pastor.
The Stewardship and Development Director advances the mission and vision of St. Margaret Mary
Parish and School. This position is responsible for ensuring the growth in both funding and organization
of activities that allow the Parish and School to prosper. In partnership with the Priests, Development
Committee and SMM Parish and School Staff, the Director is responsible for building awareness around
the spirituality of stewardship and the growth and management of philanthropy.
• Prepare, implement, and manage a comprehensive fundraising plan to meet organizational needs,
which may include: Annual Giving, Offertory, Major Gifts, and Planned and Endowed Gifts
• Attend Parish meetings when necessary and advise Parish committees as requested by the Pastor.
• Attend Parish & School events as directed by the Pastor.
• Research and assist the Pastor w securing funds from individual and organizational relationships.
• Determine and implement a donor relations effort to ensure supporters understand the impact of
their generosity and are appropriately acknowledged.
• Execute organizational vision, values, and culture.
Cultivate relationships with parish/school members along with parish/school staff.
• Work closely with the parish/school communications team to build awareness of the vision for the
parish/school and the impact of people’s generosity
• In collaboration with the pastor along with development and Finance committees, develop a
budget for development activities and projections for annual donations.
• Work collaboratively to ensure mix of funding sources meets annual budgetary requirements
while maintaining a diverse funding request portfolio.
*Read more online at https://www.smmomaha.org/school/career-opportunities
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of St. Margaret Mary’s mission and Roman Catholic teachings.
• Sound understanding of stewardship/development/event coordination.
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to act in a courteous and
• Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and have an eye for detail and accuracy.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work on a team and contribute to a positive and supportive work environment.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
• Proven ability to design and implement plans to achieve identified goals.
Education and Experience
Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive and/or relevant development work
Safe Environment Training & Background Check required