Bethlehem House - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Bethlehem House
2301 S 15th St
Submitted ByName: TJ Ernst
DescriptionReports to: TJ Ernst
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe program director oversees our Family Life and Aftercare program services and delivers direct supervisory support to program staff. Provides vision for programming goals and objectives, designs activities to challenge and empower women, and implements professional services to overcome hardships and attain self-sufficiency. Utilizes community partnerships to enhance program offerings and to meet the growing needs of our families.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to create and implement a program vision that evolves with the families we serve and effectively communicates program goals and objectives.
- Experience in supervising a 24/7 staff, providing opportunities for coaching, mentoring, and employee development. Works closely with executive director and direct staff to achieve performance objectives that are aligned with the mission.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with professional experts in the local community to provide resources and services for our families to achieve program goals and objectives.
- Attend meetings, as needed, that involve legal requirements, court dates, state DHHS custody cases, housing appeals and application appointments, and other meetings that may occur.
- Tracks, monitors, and measures client outcomes and success. Creates regular reports to assist with communicating program outcomes to the executive director and the board of directors.
- Be available for crisis management. Provide guidance to staff through emergency situations as they arise. Assess and submit documentation on overall house preservation.
Education and Experience
Undergraduate degree in health and human services, psychology, nursing, or a related field.
Minimum of five years of experience in the following areas:
- Working with minimum supervision while collaborating with staff to obtain the support and cooperation of all stakeholders.
- Creating partnerships with a variety of health and mental health agencies and/or other non-profit organizations in the social services arena.
- Leading, managing, and coaching direct reports to achieve program goals or objectives.
- Demonstrating solid decision-making and communication skills.
- Supporting women with a history of trauma, addictions, homelessness, and poverty.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; and experience in adapting and learning new software and web-based systems.