Aftercare Case Manager
Bethlehem House - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Bethlehem House
2301 S 15th St
Submitted ByName: TJ Ernst
DescriptionDepartment: Aftercare Program
Reports to: Program Director
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Aftercare Case Manager provides direct client support to 15 graduate families who live in the Bethlehem House Apartments. Works with the program director to implement program goals and objectives that challenge and empower the families in our aftercare program. Develops community partnerships in faith, education, and health to provide ongoing growth opportunities for Bethlehem House aftercare participants.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of general health and human services practices.
- Ability to apply case management principles to the services we provide for our graduate families. This may include identifying short- and long-term goals, identifying and removing barriers to success, and helping each graduate create healthy pathways to independence.
- Collaborates with aftercare staff and program director to identify topics for programming needs, and regularly evaluates activities and services for the evolving needs of our families.
- Documents all interactions with families in web-based portal. Creates regular reporting for program director and executive director.
- Ability to foster and maintain healthy community relationships that will add value, benefits, and networks to aftercare programming. This may include connections in healthcare, faith communities, educational institutions, and other non-profit partners.
- Other required skills include social perceptiveness, complex problem-solving, active listening, negotiation/persuasion, and service oriented.
Education and Experience
3-5 years in the health and human services field, or an undergraduate degree in Social Work. Licenses and certifications within the social work field are preferred.
Will deal regularly with individuals in crisis situations and requires a calm and effective communication style. Exposed to a combination of normal office type environments. Must have reliable transportation. Travel is very minimal and limited to local meetings.