Daniel J Gross Catholic High School - Bellevue
LocationName of Facility: Daniel J. Gross Catholic High School
7700 S 43rd Street
Submitted ByName: Julie Cortinas
DescriptionDepartment: Finance Department
Reports to: Director of Finance
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesPerforms various accounting tasks in support of the Business Office, to include posting entries, processing payments, assisting in preparation of billings and other financial reports, and deposits. Responds to inquiries from internal departments or families. Assists in performance of various clerical duties.
• Collect payments for various aspects of the school, issue receipts and record entries in QuickBooks
• Collect and process invoices for payment
• Record bank transactions into the general ledger system
• Prepare tills for athletic and other miscellaneous activities; count and reconcile tills
• Reconcile cash and prepare and execute bank deposits
• Assist in contacting families to notify them of delinquent account balances; keep detailed logs of attempted/successful communications
• Assist in month-end processes, including reconciling accounts in QuickBooks in preparation for financial reporting
• Maintain reliable communication with the Finance Director, President, Principal, Athletic Director, and other department heads
• Assist with outgoing communications to families and parishes regarding financial matters
• Research discrepancies in the general ledger
• Execute monthly payroll processing in Paycor and maintain payroll records
• Assist with 403b retirement plan deposits in conjunction with payroll
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to perform accounting procedures and reconciliations in QuickBooks
• Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures
• Records maintenance skills
• Knowledge of payroll software, Paycor knowledge preferred
• Ability to analyze and solve problems
• Ability to prepare administrative paperwork
• Account balancing skills
• Knowledge of invoicing procedures
• Knowledge of accounts payable procedures and practices
• Knowledge of accounts receivable procedures and practices
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all financial and personnel matters; and to act responsibly and ethically when working with sensitive financial information
• Strong people skills – a polite and professional demeanor when working with coworkers and families
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and QuickBooks
Education and Experience
• Associates or bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting (preferred)
• At least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, preferably in a school setting.
Pay and benefits competitive and commensurate with experience.
• medical, dental, vision
• matching 403B
• generous vacation + holidays
• tuition remission
• scheduling flexibility
• summer hours/off Fridays
• professional development opportunities
• Catholic mission
• free access to all home games/events
• family environment
• team of fun, caring colleagues
Physical Setting - Office, with flexibility to occasionally work remotely
Schedule - Full-time or part-time schedule available
Ability to commute/relocate
• Bellevue, NE 68147: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
We invite qualified candidates to consider becoming part of our community by submitting the following materials confidentially and as separate PDF attachments in one email to Julie Cortinas, Executive Assistant to the President at email@example.com:
• Letter of interest that aligns your experiences and skill sets with the current needs of the school as you understand them.
• Resume with all appropriate dates included.
• List of at least three references including names, phone numbers, and emails as well as your relationship to them. At least two must be from direct supervisors. References are held in confidence and will not be contacted without your knowledge and approval.
Include the position title in the subject line. No phone inquiries, please.