Daniel J Gross Catholic High School - Bellevue
LocationName of Facility: Daniel J. Gross Catholic High School
7700 S 43rd Street
Submitted ByName: Julie Cortinas
Reports to: Tom Curry
Principal Duties and Responsibilities• Coordinate, prepare, and review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for the Board of Directors, Finance Committee, and Endowment Foundation.
• Prepare an annual budget for review by the Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
• Prepare and facilitate the annual school and endowment financial statement audits and ensure total compliance with GAAP for all financial aspects of the school.
• Work with outside accountant to prepare tax schedules and returns; manage all tax planning and compliance with all required Federal, State, local, payroll, gaming, property, and all other applicable taxes.
• Manage payroll and benefits and the relationships with those providers; with President oversee HR aspects such as: benefits billing and payroll deductions; entry and termination forms; employee onboarding; and preparation of annual contracts.
• Administer the 403b retirement plan in accordance with plan documents and ERISA.
• Manage cash flow, monitor deposits for tuition payments, and accurately apply to families' accounts; collects on delinquent accounts.
• Manage the financial assistance program; review applications and meet with families to determine appropriate aid.
• Develop and maintain all accounting policies and systems, including the general ledger and financial reporting; ensure records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Direct all aspects of the business office and oversee all transactions related to the general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, and financial reporting.
• Oversee the financial management of the school store (apparel).
• Reviews and assists in negotiation of vendor contracts.
• Coordinates with the advancement office to ensure accuracy of temporarily and permanently restricted donor gifts.
• Serve as a school representative on the Finance Committee, Board of Directors, and Endowment Committee.
• Oversee and mentor Staff Accountant.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Understanding of and commitment to Gross Catholic's mission
• Proficiency in QuickBooks and Excel software required; experience with FACTS software a plus
• Effective communicator who can prepare and present comprehensive reports to various groups
• Highly organized, strategic thinker
• Team-oriented, client-friendly attitude; will work effectively with board, teachers, parents, staff, and students
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all financial and personnel matters
Education and Experience
•Bachelor's degree or higher in business, finance or accounting (required)
• At least 5 years of related finance or accounting experience, preferably in an educational setting
• 2 to 3 years of direct management experience
Application InstructionsWe invite qualified candidates to consider becoming part of our community by submitting the following materials confidentially and as separate PDF attachments in one email to Julie Cortinas, Executive Assistant to the President at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Letter of interest that aligns your experiences and skill sets with the current needs of
the school as you understand them.
• Resume with all appropriate dates included.
• List of at least three references including names, phone numbers, and emails
as well as your relationship to them. At least two must be from direct supervisors.
References are held in confidence and will not be contacted without your knowledge
Include the position title in the subject line. No phone inquiries, please.