Mount Michael Benedictine School - Elkhorn
LocationName of Facility: Mount Michael Benedictine School
22520 Mount Michael Road
Submitted ByName: Gail Raabe
DescriptionDepartment: Development Office
Reports to: Dr. Dave Peters, Ed.D
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesThis position is responsible for conceiving, planning, organizing and administering the advancement efforts for current and future needs of the abbey and school according to the approved Strategic Plans of both entities.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Supervise and coordinate the activities of professional staff, clerical staff and volunteers in the Advancement Office.
2. Control the expenditure of operating budget allocations for the advancement program
3. Develop and maintain a fundraising master plan.
5. Work with the Abbot and the Head of School and Director of Communications to stimulate administrators, staff and members to support and to engage in a progressive advancement program.
6. Provide leadership, supervision and coordination for all fundraising efforts:
• Direct contributions/Annual Fund
• Major gifts
• Estate planning
• Charitable Gift Annuities
• Trusts and Endowments
• Grants from Foundations
Advancement efforts also includes: oversight of alumni relations, alumni parents, booster club and other athletic groups and parent groups.
7. Supervise donor identification, research, evaluation, cultivation and solicitation procedures for current and future advancement efforts.
10. Direct the activities of the School Board Advancement Committee and the abbey advancement efforts and communicate with the members regularly throughout the year.
11. Coordinate the development of fundraising materials and literature with the Director of Communications.
12. Work closely with the business office to assure proper financial budgeting and accounting.
13. Assume those duties deemed to be beneficial to the advancement program, to the school and to the abbey
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Deep sense of confidentiality.
2. Ability to meet the public in person or electronically.
3. Willingness to travel.
4. Ability to work well with others.
6. Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
7. Experience in creating fundraising brochures and materials.
8. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
9. Proficient in computer use, knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred.
10. Willingness to grow in knowledge of the Mount Michael Benedictine community and fundraising techniques.
Education and Experience
1. Minimum of bachelor’s degree and five-years’ experience in successful non-profit advancement position preferred.
2. Membership in a recognized fund-raising association and willingness to join associations.
Application InstructionsPlease send cover letter and resume to:
Dr. David J Peters, Ed.D
Mount Michael Benedictine School
22520 Mount Michael Road
Elkhorn, NE 68022