Sacred Heart Parish (Norfolk) - Norfolk
LocationName of Facility: Sacred Heart Parish
204 S 5th Street
Submitted ByName: Sheryl Cahoy
Reports to: Sheryl Cahoy
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesEVANGELIZATIN AND DISCIPLESHIP COORDINATOR Opening
Sacred Heart Parish is seeking a candidate for a full time position with our Evangelization team in the collaborative work of winning, building and sending of disciples throughout our parish and cluster of parishes as we strive to become missional communities. Position will work with youth religious education and adult ministries and requires collaborative teamwork, leadership development, and relationship building skills to help all ages grow in a relationship with Christ. Foundational to this role, team member must demonstrate a life of faith and a passion to share their lives with others as a Catholic leader and missionary disciple.
For full job listing visit https://heartofjesuscatholic.com/about-us-cl/job-opportunities
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Knowledge and practice of Catholic doctrine and theology with ability to represent Sacred Heart parish in a professional manner.
● Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or 2 years of work experience evangelization, relational ministry or team based environments.
● Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher) and working knowledge of database software, Google, and web applications.
● Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
● Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, flexibility, creativity and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
● Ability to influence, inspire, and organize others around a common vision.
● Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with diverse individuals of all ages, ethnic, racial, and religious backgrounds of the community.
● Competency to speak, understand, and translate Spanish is desired
Education and Experience
Requirements include Safe Environment training and background screening; knowledge and practice of Catholic doctrine and theology; Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or 2 years work experience with evangelization or relational ministry. Some ability to speak Spanish is helpful but not required.