St. Gerald Parish (Ralston) - Ralston
LocationName of Facility: St. Gerald Catholic Church
9602 Q St.
Submitted ByName: Charlie Hoover
DescriptionDepartment: Parish Staff
Reports to: Pastor
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesGENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Director of Music Ministry at St. Gerald is an integral part of our parish vision: Encountering Jesus – Making Disciples – Transforming Lives. This individual must be able to create and maintain a ministry that fosters an environment of praise and worship at liturgies as well as other types of events and services. This includes the ability to personally lead the music as well as managing a ministry of volunteers. The Director of Music Ministry will need a comfort level with both traditional and contemporary praise and worship music.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Possess and able to consistently demonstrate the following personal and professional qualifications:
• Strong working knowledge and experience in Catholic Liturgical practices, styles and music.
• Able to recruit and form teams.
• Identifies and develops musical talent, as both coach and mentor.
• Ability to build a cooperative and welcoming environment for all musicians and individuals expressing interest in music ministries.
• Skilled and accomplished musician who is able to bring together other musicians and lead others in maintaining an environment of praise and worship.
• Computer skills in Word, Internet searches and e-mail communications.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
Education and Experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor of Arts in Music or the equivalent training and experience.
• Experience a plus in applying for the position
• Piano and organ experience a plus