Holy Name Catholic School - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: Holy Name School
2901 Fontenelle Blvd
Submitted ByName: Tanya Santos
Reports to: Principal
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Health/Physical Education Teacher is responsible for creating a classroom environment that fosters, promotes and develops an understanding of the relationship of healthy body function and exercise; that motivates each student to cultivate physical fitness, and appropriate social and emotional adjustment; that discovers and develop talents of students in physical achievement; and that develops strength, skill, agility, poise, and coordination in individual, dual and team physical activities and sports, in accordance with each student’s ability.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1.Teacher knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and individual,
dual or team sports, utilizing provided curriculum and other appropriate learning activities to teach to the standards.
2. Works cooperatively with other physical education teachers in CUES in planning and implementing a balanced
physical education program.
3. Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of formal sports, games,
rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
4. Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials that align to the standards.
5. Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment in
the physical education areas.
6. Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure
the overall safety of students.
7. Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, and keeps appropriate records to
include attendance reports, checklists, census forms, and other record-keeping activities as necessary.
8. Maintains control of storage and use of school property.
9. Evaluates each student’s growth in physical skills, knowledge and contribution in team sports.
10. Communicates with parents and school counselors on student progress.
11. Supervises students in out of classroom activities during the assigned working day.
12. Administers testing in accordance with division testing practices.
13. Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
Education and Experience
Valid State of Nebraska Teaching Certificate in the Endorsed Area