St. Vincent de Paul Parish (Omaha) - Omaha
LocationName of Facility: St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church
14330 Eagle Run Drive
Submitted ByName: Kathy Wilhelm
DescriptionDepartment: Parish Staff
Reports to: Pastor
Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesSt. Vincent de Paul Parish is seeking a half-time (20 hours) Communications Director to work directly with Pastor and parish staff to promote parishioner involvement in the parish and encourage sacrificial giving in line with our Parish Mission. The Communications Director organizes new parishioner orientations, creates written communications including the Annual Report, the St. Vincent Fund materials (parish-wide Annual Appeal) and oversees parish-wide communications for seasonal messages from the Pastor, and other related communications to the parish.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Help grow involvement and sharing of gifts and talents at St. Vincent de Paul Parish.
• Coordinate messaging to create a welcoming community to infuse involvement, generosity and gratitude into all messaging.
• Work with the Communications Committee to orchestrate overall communication of parish-wide events and evangelization efforts.
• Plan and execute New Parishioners Orientations. Coordination of Parishioner Orientation events including the writing of all materials, preparation of all presentation materials, and mailing of invitations. Includes enrollment of new parishioners in sacrificial giving and sign-up ministries and programs.
• Write and coordinate Annual Report and other related marketing materials.
• Oversee and coordinate parish-wide communications including letter writing for seasonal messages from the Pastor, bulletin and newsletter articles, and marketing materials for the St. Vincent Fund.
Ability to work in spreadsheets, word processing and databases
Ability to work flexible hours as needed for occasional special events
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent significant related experience
Demonstrated success with communication plan development
Strong writing skills, organization and time-management skills, project managements